Monday 5 February 2007

As predicted, not a whole lot of updates are getting posted, but I thought I'd write something down rather than have people start celebrating my death prematurely.

I've been running a Tor node for a while now, because I think that freedom of speech and privacy are important issues which people take for granted too often. Recently I discovered all Tor exit nodes get blacklisted from an IRC network (naming no names) I wanted to visit, and what's more, they aren't willing to make exceptions... so for now I have bowed out and switched off exiting via my box. That annoys me though - once I have some cash I'll rent a dedicated server to set up as a proper Tor node.

One of my relatives has just discovered they have cancer, which makes me all the more hopeful that the recent news about dichloroacetate turns out to lead to a real therapy. I'm not getting my hopes up though - after all, there are peripheral cells in many tumours that aren't anaerobic.

More positively, my first Flash game is slowly (very slowly at the moment) approaching completion. There should be an update on that topic this coming weekend. I'll probably let Newgrounds host it for me...

First however I have to finish the talk on free will I'll be giving on Wednesday. I still haven't firmly decided where my own opinion lies. I wonder whether I have any choice in the matter...

No comments: