Wednesday 14 February 2007

Valentine's Day

I went to listen to Aubrey talking to Pugwash (the bioethics society) on Monday. For all that I've heard the arguments before, it was entertaining as always - if you've never heard him explain the reasons for doing something about aging, I recommend going along if there's a talk near you.

kdice has been absorbing far too much of my time recently (especially considering that I seem to be very bad at it - I'm Transhumanist there). It's making me all the more interested in the idea of writing some web-enabled games of my own - maybe with more skill and less chance than kdice. Once I've finished my Part II project (sometime in May) I'm going to reward myself by getting a dedicated server set up (probably with these guys) so if I still haven't acquired a sense of urgency about revision by then, that's likely to be when I actually have a chance to do some real game design.

Speaking of said Part II project, I would like to say "Aaaaargh! Maths hard!" and then make no further comment for now... it's been a couple of weeks and I'm still learning the underlying maths I'll need to get started. ^^; I haven't done any actual mathematics for about three years, so I'm not really surprised that I'm rusty, but I'm slightly alarmed that I'm this rusty.

Laura and I are going to spend this afternoon exploring two of the museums in Cambridge, the Archaeology & Anthropology Museum and the Sedgwick. This is our Valentine's Day outing... and a chance to reassert our geekiness ;)

No comments: