Wednesday 28 March 2007

Flicker

I've been intrigued by dreamachines ever since I first heard of them, but had fairly mediocre results from the browser-based variety - probably because the light from the monitor isn't very strong. My enthusiasm to try the real thing was undampened.

However, I never managed to get my hands on a sufficiently large piece of card - that is, until last weekend, when I helped my parents clean out some of the crap a teenage me left lying around their house. (Why, teenage me, did you decide to keep the boxes - not the manuals or even the disks in most cases, just the boxes - to sixty-odd PC games? It's trying to understand old decisions of mine that most emphatically leaves me agreeing with the bundle theory of identity.)

So I am now engaged in what might be referred to as arts and crafts - cutting holes in cardboard with an exacto knife - a process which is taking hugely longer than I anticipated thanks to the surprising toughness of the aforementioned card. I'm taking a few photos as I go along, partly to play with the image uploading on this blog - here's the first one...

No comments: